Commercial Assistant / AdministratorFeatherstone, £20,000 Permanent
We are currently recruiting for one of our clients based in the Featherstone area who are civil engineering company. They are looking for an organised individual who is switched on to undertake various tasks in a timely manner as a Commercial Assistant / Administrator.
Commercial Assistant / Administrator - Primary Role:
• Assist in the day-to-day running of the Commercial department.
• To provide both clerical and administrative support to other commercial staff or as required within the Business.
• Building collaborative relationships with customers to ensure enquiry levels are maintained and developed will be a fundamental part of the role.
Key tasks necessary to carry out the appointment will be:
• Sage CRM – Input and maintain customer and supplier records
• Accurately maintain records and files
• Estimating Database, input and maintain as required
• Supply Chain Database, input and maintain as required
• Administration and Clerical duties to support other Members of the Commercial staff.
• Listening and organising, both self and others in the Commercial section.
• Managing performance (taking responsibility for own performance by setting goals and dates for achievements).
• Raising the profile of the company within all the sectors of the business introducing to all positive clients.
• Identifying opportunities from new and existing customers within all sectors of the markets.
• Identifying opportunities from business portals and assisting/completing pre-qualification questionnaires and returned to meet deadlines.
• Adopt and actively encourage a positive attitude to all work activities.
• Maintaining existing customer relationships.
• Working on own initiative to improve knowledge of journals and websites.
• Handling incoming sales enquiry calls.
• Maintain accurate filing and archiving system.
• Obtain information from Operations department to assist in writing case studies and news articles.
• Upload/maintain case studies and news articles to/on websites and social media (LinkedIn).
• Obtaining supplier quotations as directed.
• All staff are encouraged to further their personal training and development.
• This is carried out both externally and in-house by agreement and will be supported and paid for by the company provided there is a benefit to the business.
• Oral Communication (expressing themselves clearly in conversations with others)
• Personal creditability (perceived to be responsible, reliable and trustworthy)
• Self-confidence (faith in their own ideas and capability to be successful)
• Initiative (identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked)
• Thoroughness (ensure their work and information is complete and accurate)
• Written communication (the ability to express oneself clearly in business writing)
• Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft software packages
• Working well in a team
• Strong commitment to customer service
• Resilient and resourceful with the ability to manage varying workload and numerous tasks simultaneously
• Managing time effectively and being well organised
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Good general education
• £ 20,000 gross per annum, negotiable
• 8.30am to 5.00pm with 1/2hr lunch break
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (N.B. part of this allowance will be taken during the construction shut down over Christmas and New Year)
• Enrolment following the probationary period, when fully employed, Stakeholder pension with employee contributions
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.