Commercial Conveyancing AssistantBarnsley, £20,000 Permanent
Pyramid8 Recruitment are delighted to be supporting one of our long-standing clients in their recruitment for experienced Commercial Conveyancing Assistants. These are permanent positions, based out of their offices in Barnsley.
Our client is a leading law firm based in Barnsley with a long-established reputation and extensive specialist expertise in the areas of Family, Property, Commercial, Wills, Trusts & Future Planning, Personal Injury, Employment and Dispute Resolution. They are committed to development and training and pride themselves on providing career development and opportunities.
Please note that we will only consider applications from candidates who meet the candidate criteria and who have experience within Commercial Conveyancing.
About the role:
As a Commercial Conveyancing Assistant, you will be providing a pivotal support role to the solicitors and partners in the firm. You will be managing caseloads from concept to completion and engaging with clients and third-party agents.
Assist lawyers under supervision with the following:
• File creation; statement drafting and liaison with clients in respect of the same
• Generation of suitable client care correspondence
• Looking after the day-to-day administration of files (including diarising to chase up with clients and third parties, and dealing with routine steps of file management)
• Attendance on clients for routine instructions and signing
• Carrying out research
• Carrying out searches and dealing with enquires in relation to such searches
• Conducting routine simple completions
• Management of all associated post completion work
Using H M Land Registry portal for:
• Downloading official copies, documents and plans and saving to matter number, and carrying out priority; and;
• Bankruptcy searches and other pre completion and online applications
• Collating title bundles, scanning deeds and saving them to the DMS
• Retrieving and storing deeds following the correct procedures on and off site
• Dealing with post completion registration and stamp duty land tax formalities
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a Commercial Conveyancing Support role
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of Commercial Property
• Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to conduct challenging conversations
• Commercial awareness and an eye for detail
• Ability to build trust with Commercial Property Lawyers
• Able to work on their own initiative
• High standard of IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and time recording systems
• Excellent time management, organisational and client service skills
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.