Compliance ManagerWakefield, £35,000 - £40,000 Permanent
One of our clients, based in the Wakefield area, are looking to recruit a part time Compliance Manager to join there fast joining team! This is an exciting new opportunity for an efficient, self-motivated and driven person.
As the Compliance Manager, your main responsibility is to ensure the company, its suppliers and those under its management comply with all regulatory requirements and to ensure that appropriate controls, policies and procedures are in place and monitored on an ongoing basis. Maintaining and developing controls, you will proactively mitigate our client’s compliance risk, identifying and managing both internal and external processes in line with FCA regulations.
You are responsible for keeping abreast with all relevant regulatory guidelines and laws and for communicating this to the wider operation, including suppliers under the management of the company. The Compliance Manager is responsible for educating the entire company and instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance via on-going training and support.
Liaising with cross business functions you will need to ensure that the business is vigilant in its approach to Data protection, data security and GDPR guidelines. In addition, as an FCA regulated operation, you will need to be versed with the same.
Working closely with the Operations Manager (new position), you will ensure that appropriate quality measures are implemented and completed for all areas of the business function, this includes but is not limited to call quality, internal/external audits and document version control. In addition, you will work closely with the external sales and customer relationship team and provide support in the completion of client due diligence and audits.
Day to Day Duties:
• Developing, implementing and overseeing the businesses quality, governance and risk management framework.
• Ensuring that our policies and procedures deliver against the expectations of clients and ensure that the company remains compliant with their regulators.
• Challenge and audit procedures to ensure that we are providing correct and proper customer outcomes which meet our regulatory requirements.
• Work alongside both sales and operational teams on both live clients and new business opportunities.
• Lead the business through ISO 9001/2008 & 27001 accreditations.
• Completing risk assessments and reporting findings to the board alongside proposals for change.
Skills and abilities:
• Self-starter and ability to work on own initiative
• Methodical approach and keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written at all levels
• Good working knowledge of appropriate regulatory guidelines and organisations
• Ideally have understanding of motor finance agreements, voluntary terminations and recovery practices
• Understanding of the auction process and wider motor industry would be advantageous
Efficient, self-motivated, driven, team-player, confident, organised, attention to detail, passionate, accountable.
On leaving this position, a job that would be considered a promotion is Senior Compliance Manager/Compliance Director.
• Up to 22% profit related bonus (subject to company achieving targets)
• Private Medical Insurance after a qualifying period
• Pension Scheme & Life Insurance
• Access to staff rewards programme with Perkbox
• 32 days holiday including bank holidays (Pro Rota)
• Company mobile & laptop
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.