Criminal Duty SolicitorLeeds, £0 Permanent
Salary is negotiable. Full time or Part time.
Pyramid8 are currently working with our client based in Leeds to recruit for a Criminal Duty Solicitor / Lawyer.
The role as a Criminal Duty Solicitor will be to join our client’s expanding criminal law department, and you will be working throughout Yorkshire. Our client is a highly respected firm of solicitors based in Leeds. The firm employs specialist solicitors and barristers in all their practice areas. They represent clients across England and Wales and have been nationally recognised for their achievements on numerous occasions.
This role can either be based on full time or part time hours, however travel will be essential.
The key responsibilities of the role:
• You will be responsible for your own caseload of mixed Criminal matters. Attending police stations to advise clients, preparing, and representing clients at the Magistrates Court and preparing briefs to Counsel where necessary.
• Responsible for a variety of cases and providing a committed and thorough duty
• Providing guidance and advice to the client
• Supporting the client by challenging evidence against them and interviewing witnesses to support their case
• Ensuring that a full and fair hearing and process is adhered to
• Ensuring high data integrity, attention to detail and representing the firm and the client to the highest standard
Skills and Qualifications:
• Fully qualified Solicitor with a broad and strong background within Criminal/Prison Law
• Significant experience within the field of Criminal Law and working in such a position
• Must currently hold Duty Status
• Excellent communication on all levels
• Ability to manage several caseloads to a high standard following company and legal standards
• Represent all clients to a high value standard and to represent the firm in a professional manner
• Flexibility to the role in terms of hours and locations (across Yorkshire)
• Full driving License and access to a vehicle
To apply for this role, please click through to apply. Your application will be reviewed, and a member of our recruitment team shall be in touch to discuss the role further.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.