Demand PlannerDarlington, £25,000 - £30,000 Permanent
Are you a detail-focussed individual with a strong desire to ensure that everything is ‘right first time’? Do you like a challenge? Do you have experience in Demand Planning and Forecasting? If so, this could be the role for you!
Our client represents a portfolio of leading braded sporting products.
The Demand Planner role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Demand Planning team in the role of Demand Planner working alongside an established and experienced team.
This role requires the following:
• Ensuring that accurate demand forecasts are created and maintained for a portfolio of brands.
• Raising and reviewing purchase orders correctly in line with both deadlines and demand requirements for both our UK and French businesses.
• Meeting all service and inventory metrics for the assigned brand portfolio.
• Working closely with key stakeholders (utilising a range of internal and external data sources) to ensure that our demand forecasting is as accurate as it can be.
• Communicating changes clearly and effectively to the rest of the business.
• Reviewing variances in forecasts vs actuals, forecast trend analysis, supplier lead times and customer ordering patterns and adjusting forecasts accordingly.
• The identification and countermeasure of potential stock issues before they occur.
The candidate will be extremely organised, be deadline focussed and have a keen eye for detail.
• Degree qualified in a related subject.
• Previous experience within a comparable role.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Deep and detailed knowledge of demand planning and forecasting processes.
• Excellent proficiency in the use of office products (predominantly Excel).
• The ability to work to strict deadlines and with a high attention to detail.
• The ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
• Experience in working with demand planning software tools (such as Sage Inventory Advisor).
• Experience in working within a continuous improvement framework.
• Experience in using root cause analysis to safely control and countermeasure problems.
• Previously worked within a distribution business.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.