Divisional Support Manager / Regional ManagerSouth East, £45,000 - £48,000 Permanent
£45K + £3K Car Allowance
Location: South of England – Home Based (Near Essex)
Our client provides personalised support to children and adults with a range of physical and learning disabilities, including Cerebral Palsy and complex health needs. They offer high quality care and support in numerous social care and educational settings where the focus is always on ‘ability not disability’.
The Divisional Manager / Area Manager / Regional Manager role is a pivotal role in the leadership team of the group. This role will involve the strong leadership of allocated services, often managing short term assignments which may include Quality Improvement, New Service Commissioning, closure or specific KPI improvements as deemed appropriate by the Divisional/Regional Director. The role will often involve crisis management, and managing a cluster of 8-10 homes. The role will include national travel, overnight stays, and time away from home. This is a high profile role within the organisation, and will involve multi stakeholder engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take accountability for short term projects within the business, which will vary in nature. They may include service improvement, commissioning new services, interim service management or specific projects around KPI improvement
• Ensure that where possible, projects are managed in line with budget expectations, or where not- that there is a robust understanding and approval from the Managing Director for the reasons why not
• Be responsible for providing support to Registered managers and overseeing 8-10 cluster of homes.
• In exceptional circumstances, become the Registered Person/Manager for that location to prevent regulatory action or to offer assurances around service improvement to funders or commissioners.
Care and Education - Quality and Service Improvement:
• Provide ongoing support to mentoring to peers and junior staff as required and as part of key projects
• Ensure that there is a robust plan in place for support for any service that you are managing, utilising existing teams and divisional support teams as required
• To complete service quality visits as directed by the Divisional/Regional Director and Managing Director utilising C360 as required
• To ensure that any project/service has a robust action plan in place, which will be owned by the Divisional/Regional Director, but delivered
• Ensure compliance with internal compliance reporting, including upwards and downs reporting if improvements made etc.
• To operate in an open honest and transparent nature, with a can do approach and striving for best quality
• Registered Nurse and/or NVQ Level 4 in Care/Leadership and Management
• Comprehensive understanding of commercial principles and practices
• Good understanding of P&L structure and budget management
• Broad experience of managing people, service and quality to achieve performance targets
• Must demonstrate a caring/service ethos; ideally come from a Health and Social Care Sector background
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Experience of working within an Educational setting is beneficial
• Satisfactory DBS Check
• Full current and valid Driving Licence – Required to travel as necessary for the role
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.