Engineer / Civil EngineerManchester, £30,000 - £35,000 Permanent
Our client is a national charity working in the Environmental Sector. They work with local communities making a contribution to the wellbeing of individuals in the communities.
About the role
Working as part of the Asset Improvement Directive, you will be part of a small team of engineers and technicians who play an important role in maintaining, conserving, renewing and protecting engineering infrastructure and assets across your region.
You will be working within the Regional engineer’s and assisting the Regional Director’s teams to understand the engineering problems and advising on the risks.
You will also support the delivery of a wide range of engineering work, including inspections, investigations, prioritize defects and small works packages for delivery, alongside briefs for larger schemes.
You will have the opportunity within this role to work closely with the Asset Strategy team, who are implementing innovative modelling of the assets to support the engineering decision making.
We are looking for an Engineer who has a degree in civil engineering discipline and is a member of a relevant professional body at an appropriate level (Graduate / Incorporated).
- Proven experience of inspecting / delivering engineering activities.
- Proven experience in assessing infrastructure risk.
- Knowledge and understanding of historic infrastructure, preferably in an environmental setting, i.e Roads, Rail, Groundworks, Bridges, Local Authorities, Water
- Experience in cross-functional working delivering performance across range of functions
- Able to negotiate with internal and external contacts
- Able to support other areas of the business in an appropriate manner, taking account of overall business
priorities and negotiating resources as appropriate.
- Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data to nontechnical