Engineering TechnicianGloucester, £27,000 - £32,000 Permanent
£27,400 + £4,680 Car Allowance
The job holder will form part of a team of Engineers and Inspectors, who will contribute to the development of Asset Management Strategies. The Engineer will be directly responsible for development of works information package to address defects identified as part of the asset management process whilst providing technical support to the wider engineering team. Under the supervision of a member of the engineering team the job holder will develop simple bespoke solutions based upon standard details including the preparation of site specific drawing as applicable.
Engineering Technician - Job Details:
• Responsible for development of simple bespoke solutions to identified defects based upon existing standard solutions.
• Undertake site inspections and determine possible design solutions.
• When required support the engineering team by undertaking length inspections.
• Contribute technical advice during the feasibility, design, construction and commissioning phases for projects. This will include, Direct Services, Framework Contractors and Volunteers.
• Where required, be responsible for providing advice in relation to determining solutions to the prioritised list of infrastructure risks and improvements.
• Support the definition of the maintenance, repair and renewal works for delivery by Trust teams and contractors, taking account of, all statutory, technical, operational and customer requirements.
• Support internal and external enquiries associated with the assets. Respond as appropriate by reference to relevant information sources and offer efficient and cost effective recommendations.
• Building relationships with local representatives of partnerships, regulators and stakeholders to protect, maintain, and continually improve levels of service and improve data held by the Trust.
• Displaying the Trust values and behaviours at all times.
• Membership of relevant professional body at an appropriate level e.g. Ieng, TMICE.
• Professional qualification in a relevant technical discipline HND in Civil Engineering.
• Demonstrate comprehensive relevant experience.
• Proven experience of inspecting / delivering engineering activities.
• Proven experience in assessing infrastructure risk.
• Proven eexperience and skills (as required) to produce engineering drawings with AcaD or similar.
• Proven experience in standard computer application, MS Word, SAP.
• Knowledge and understanding of historic infrastructure.
• Experience of engineering in the water environment.
• Demonstrable experience in cross-functional working delivering performance across range of functions
• Able to support other areas of the business in an appropriate manner, taking account of overall business priorities and negotiating resources as appropriate.
• Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data to non-technical audiences.
• Continuous Professional Development.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.