Events Co-ordinator / Executive Assistant / PAWakefield, £17,000 - £20,000 Permanent
Fixed term 12 months.
Max 37.5 hours per week.
Our client is a faced paced forward thinking organisation based in Wakefield. They are a limited company formed and owned by its members made up of Healthcare Organisations across Wakefield and Pontefract. They were set up to look at developments and improvements in Healthcare and Healthcare Services providing better access across the area.
The Events Co-ordinator / Events Administrator / Executive Support / Personnel Assistant / Executive Assistant / PA / EA role will support the Training and Consultancy Business Manager, Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer, Chair of the Board, Directors of the Board and wider delivery teams for our clients’ employees to execute their duties.
This role demands someone who is highly organised and personable in all aspects of event, meeting, and conference planning, including cost analysis, venue scouting, equipment logistics, room setup, and a wealth of best practices. The best fit is an Event Co-ordinator who can manage the daily details with big picture thinking.
• Co-ordinate with the office team, partners, speakers, clients, and others to establish needs for events throughout the planning process
• Research resources, make site visits, and lead pre-event meetings when necessary to make decisions about event design
• Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, catering, transportation, equipment, and marketing materials
• Oversee client experiences from conception through post-event, managing on-site preparations, production, and event breakdown, ensuring consistent, high-level service throughout
• Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
• Attend workshops and events in the Wakefield District
• Maintain and build a comprehensive database of industry contacts, vendors, and venues
• Handle any issues that arise on the event day
• Manage all aspects of event planning meeting strict deadlines and budget demands
• Nurture and build relationships with our partners, speakers, venues, and other industry contacts
• Stay current on the training needs of delegates, proactively identifying and solving operational challenges
• Establish standard procedures and execute them
• Support the wider Training and Consultancy team with their day to day tasks
• Learn and execute the core tasks of the Training and Consultancy team when others are not available
• Be on hand to support other areas of the business as and when required
• The need may arise occasionally for long distance travel and weekend work for some events though these will be kept to a minimum
• Arranging meetings on behalf of the Workforce team, including the preparation and distribution of papers.
• Provide a first point of contact for the Workforce Development team, dealing and responding effectively and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members. This would include meeting and greeting individuals.
• Support communications, visiting and informal training for our stakeholders to ensure engagement in services and provide a feedback route for the practices to influence future services.
• Complete travel and accommodation bookings.
• Maintain an up to date manual and electronic filing system within the team to aid easy retrieval of documents.
• Minute taking at internal and external meetings
• Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
• Preparation of presentations and collation of materials for careers fairs and events
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.