Experienced Legal CashierWakefield, £19,000 - £24,000 Permanent
Pyramid8 Recruitment are delighted to be working with our client based in Wakefield. Our client offers legal support in many practice areas, including Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Commercial Law and Litigation.
As one of the largest providers of conveyancing in the UK, they have many clients who return to them for their fast, modern service and our dedication to client care. Our client is a fast growing, flat-structured, tight-knit team always looking for the right people to join them. We consider positive workplace culture an integral part of our success as a company and take pride in their people.
They are looking to recruit experienced Legal Cashiers into their team – experience of this role is required including leadership role.
About the role:
Assisting with financial accounting, reporting and control activities within the conveyancing practice and to ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice.
• Coach, develop and lead a team of Legal Cashiers.
• Day to day management of the team and rota to ensure that all tasks are covered
• Identify potential process and system improvements.
• Working closely with the operation to ensure a seamless service
• Provide training to other employees when needed on accounting and technical points
• Monitor bank accounts to ensure strict compliance with SRA/AML rules and the firm's policies
• Handle queries from the operation at all levels and advise where necessary.
• Experience of managing staff within an Accounts department
• Previous experience in a fast-paced legal environment, preferably high-volume conveyancing.
• Strong numeric / literacy skills to A level or equivalent level
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Excel
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Sound and up to date knowledge of SRA regulations and particularly Accounts Rules.
• Desirable experience of using Partner, Visual Files and SOS systems
Permanent – Monday to Friday.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.