Gatehouse Operative / Vehicle InspectorRothwell, £18,250 Permanent
We are currently recruiting for one of our clients who specialises within the Automotive trade. They are looking for a Gatehouse / Yard Operative and Vehicle Inspector to work on a full time basis.
The person they are looking for needs to be confident, self-motivated and has a strong work ethic.
Gatehouse / Yard Operative role:
• Access control and keeping vehicles/exit records updated
• Vehicle checks
• Monitoring movements onsite
• Make all drivers aware for health and safety regulations
• Audit daily issue of key boxes
• Movement of cars both on and off site
Vehicle Inspector role:
• Appraise vehicles with own in-house inspection software using a tablet
• Driving the auction vehicles around site and preparing the vehicles for auction
• Dealing with customers, collecting or delivering vehicles to site
• Recommending vehicles for refurbishment
• Checking basic mechanical components in accordance with their 30 point check
Experience and skills needed:
• Ideally experience within the automotive trade, however full training will be given
• Experience of using handheld electronic devices and computers is essential but training will be provided on using company systems
• Full UK driving licence with no more than 3 points on your licence
Hours of working: Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.30pm
You must be flexible to work extra hours or occasional weekends and bank holidays depending on volume of work. Up to 2 late night auctions to be worked per week, either Tuesday or Thursday until 7.30pm. You will receive £40 per auction you work.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.