Head of EcommerceDarlington, £0 Permanent
Location: North East
Reporting to the Group CEO, the Head of Ecommerce will lead and implement the company's ecommerce strategy across B2B and B2C platforms. Working closely with various senior stakeholders you will refine the ecommerce strategy to drive sales and optimise user engagement through the use of created, commissioned and brand provided digital content.
You will also have full ownership of our online footprint including design and content as well as developing the multi-channel digital strategy to support our online partners.
This role demands strong strategic vision, excellent communication skills, mentoring of a team and a high level of collaboration with other internal and external business units. You will take full responsibility for the group ecommerce strategy. This is a highly exciting role as you will play a pivotal part in helping to shape the digital strategy of the group.
The role will involve:
• Working with, driving and motivating the Ecommerce team to ensure joint objectives are met.
• Responsible for driving B2C transactions with full financial responsibility, increasing AOV basket size and continually reviewing to drive best practice methods.
• Driving B2C growth via new branded websites and expanding the UK offer onto European markets.
• Analysing and interpreting ecommerce data and developing specific action plans to grow traffic & conversion.
• Developing partner relationships and monitoring digital agency performance, as well as developing key metrics with a view to regularly conducting performance reviews where necessary.
• Negotiating contracts with event third-party service providers, sponsors, and media partners.
• Travel will be required as and when necessary.
• Working with Executive leadership, Brand Management, Sales Managers, and the wider Marketing Team to understand company priorities and message focus areas.
This Head of Ecommerce role requires an entrepreneurial individual with the drive and passion to seek opportunities to grow sales and profit, whilst retaining the ability to remain level-headed and pragmatic in a fast moving and dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be able to think laterally, be willing to challenge existing processes and open to be challenged on strategy.
• Industry proven experience in the modern digital world.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience and working knowledge of current B2C systems and developments
• Merchandise Planning – consumer goods, ideally apparel
• Sales & Inventory Forecasting – consumer goods, ideally apparel
• Margin Control
• Leadership & team development
• Business acumen with the ability to communicate across departments and represent your team at a senior level internally and externally.
• Experience and knowledge of B2B / B2C systems.
• Strong online marketing, content and product experience.
• Strong strategic thinking skills and application to programs.
• Proven track record of delivering e-commerce strategy and implementation.
• Thorough working knowledge and understanding of web analytics.
• Production and direction of creative briefs.
• Social media marketing and trends.
• Project management with multiple stakeholders and associated timeline.
• Thorough working knowledge of search engine optimisation.
• Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiation and delegation skills.
• Strong vendor management and negotiation skills required.
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Positive attitude with high level of motivation, initiative, creative spark and energy.
• Strategic thinking and results orientated.
• Collaborative spirit with ability to integrate cross-functionally.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.