Head of HSQEMerksem, Belgium, £0 Permanent
Pyramid8 is working closely with the number 1 worldwide in rice and number 2 in pasta. They are looking for a Head of HSQE / Head of Health, Safety, Environment, & Quality to join their team.
These companies are in Merksem, and produce B2C consumer products for various customers in Europe. In 5 production centres in Antwerp, they count on 150 enthusiastic employees, who are open to applying the best practices of the different entities under your impulse.
• You combine the role of Safety Manager and Environmental Coordinator, and are responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the prevention and environmental policy within all Antwerp sites. You also work with the Lassie factory in Wormer (Nl).
• You proactively carry out risk analysis in the production process, working methods and work processes.
• You are responsible for the commissioning reports and look for the right measures and technical solutions with a view to sustainable improvements in the field of safety, ergonomics, environment and well-being in general.
• You follow up relevant changes in the SHE legislation and you plan their application.
• You are the key figure in the corresponding obligations: permits, accident analysis, audits, and complaints.
• You are responsible for contacts with local and other government agencies for Safety, Health and the Environment.
• As a prevention advisor, you will sit on the Committee for Prevention and Protection at Work and report to the Maintenance Manager Belgium.
• You have a certificate of Prevention Advisor level 2 and / or Environmental Coordinator A, or you are willing to get one of them.
• You received technical training and you can already demonstrate solid experience in and affinity with production.
• You are Dutch-speaking and you can also express yourself well in English and in writing. More importantly, you are mainly communicative and motivate colleagues throughout the various organisations to a culture and care for safety, health and the environment.
• You are also result-oriented, pragmatic and independent.
• A pleasant and open working atmosphere in a no-nonsense company.
• You will have the opportunity to profile and develop yourself in a multi-site environment and an international work framework.
• A thorough introduction and training within the various units.
• An attractive salary based on experience supplemented with extra-legal benefits.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.