Head of Technical Learning / Engineering TeacherLincolnshire, £0 Permanent
• Required for: September 2019
• Salary range: MPS & TLR
• Location: North Lincolnshire
This is a unique opportunity for an Engineering Teacher to lead Technical Learning within a growing College.
You will have the freedom to design your own curriculum and create something truly unique in the local community. This is a once in a career opportunity to create and develop your own approach to practical engagement as our client continues to grow year on year.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge and understanding of Engineering. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our clients’ students, equipping them with the skills and characteristics needed to ensure they are at the front of the queue for the best apprenticeships and university places.
Vision and Purpose:
• To be responsible for the practical aspect of curriculum delivery.
• To assist the Employer Engagement lead in ensuring that the aspirational aims and objectives of the school are achieved.
• To assist the Principal and CE in leading, planning and managing the successful delivery of the school vision so that individual students’ achievements (academic and pastoral) meet or exceed expectations and that the highest possible standards are secured amongst students and staff.
• To share direct accountability for the successful delivery of practical learning.
• As a member of the engineering team take a corporate view of policy implementation and establish and participate in quality assurance procedures for the all aspects of the work of the department and beyond where practical learning is present.
• To collate and evaluate the outcomes of all quality assurance procedures regarding the quality of technical learning and use them to inform the School Development Plan, the School Self Evaluation Form, reports to stakeholders and outside agencies, and visits from the School Improvement Partner.
• To line manage the Engineering Technician.
• To ensure the effective operation of a technical curriculum that engages students in their learning ensuring that the development of employability skills is at the centre of lesson planning and curriculum delivery.
• To liaise with and work with colleagues to support strategic development, share good practice and plan collaborative activities around data and to prepare reports for staff and governors.
• To ensure that the school is always presented positively within and beyond the school.
• To assist the Principal by providing strategic leadership and direction to the school and its community in order to deliver high standards of achievement through a comprehensive programme of activities ensuring that all students have maximum opportunities to reach their current potential through technical learning and achieve a position where they can become effective and valued stakeholders in modern society.
• To play a lead part in the wider community of the school.
• A degree in Engineering, STEM subject or equivalent
• Qualified Teacher
• Teaching across the age 11-16 age range in training or in post
• Excellent classroom practitioner
• A keen interest in developing teaching and learning within your subject area
• A good understanding of planning and assessment techniques
• The ability to create a stimulating learning environment
• High expectations of self, colleagues and learners
• Good communication skills
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.