Industrial Disease Paralegal - Graduates WelcomePontefract, £17,000 Permanent
Our client is a local Solicitors based in the Pontefract area. They are looking for a motivated and ambitious person to join their rewarding team.
The role of an ID Paralegal is a fantastic Opportunity for a candidate who is interested in starting their career in Industrial Disease law. Training will be given and there is an opportunity to progress within the company.
You must have administration experience as a minimum, or Paralegal / ID experience.
• The primary role of the Industrial Disease Paralegal is to provide direct support to his/her Principal to enable the Principal to operate at optimum efficiency.
• This will include (but will not be limited to) the main responsibilities given below.
• The Industrial Disease Paralegal is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
• Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms.
• Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
• Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner.
• Preparing standard legal forms.
• Preparing and filing court documents
• Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
• Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
• Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman.
• Preparing LAA forms.
• Liaise with The Accident Line as requested
• Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries
You must be able to travel to Goole for an interview, but the role would be based at there Pontefract office.
Our client is interviewing ASAP. You must be willing to travel to Goole for interview as this is the Head Office, so they tend to interview from here.
Working hours of Monday to Thursday 9.00-17.30, Friday 9.00-17.00.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.