Industrial Disease ParalegalPontefract, £20,000 Permanent
Salary up to £20k.
We are currently recruiting for an established Solicitor’s firm based in the Pontefract area. They have 2 offices based in the Pontefract area and their head office is based in Goole. They are recruiting for a Paralegal to work within their industrial disease team.
You will need to have the following experience to be suitable for this vacancy:
• Good previous working experience in Personal Injury law, running own cases etc.
• Good client care skills.
• Good management, communication, marketing and organisational skills.
• Basic computer literacy.
• Conduct of own caseload within the Pontefract office.
• Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms
• Instruction of experts and/or Counsel as appropriate.
• Undertake advocacy, where appropriate, in any case or matter.
• To ensure monies are obtained from the Legal Aid Agency and private clients on account by interim and final billing (where applicable).
• To draft legal documents as appropriate.
• To arrange for filing of documents, service of documents and enforcement as appropriate.
• To authorise payment to third parties.
• To engage in learning and development activity that ensures Continuing Competence, (as required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority).
• To abide by all professional rules of conduct.
• To keep up to date with all relevant law and procedure.
• To attend departmental meetings as required
• To undertake such other duties as and when required by the Partnership.
• Ensure secure funding of cases, by private means, by conditional fees or by legal aid
• Compliance with the office manual and departmental procedure accuracy of work as delegated to others
• Promotion of the Partnership
• Management of direct support staff
Hours of work - Monday to Thursday 9.00am-5.30pm, Friday 9.00am-5.00pm.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.