Infrastructure Engineer (IT)Grimsby, £35,000 - £45,000 Permanent
Pyramid8 Recruitment are delighted to be working with our very well-established client within the Legal Sector to recruit an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer.
The successful candidate will be part of the Infrastructure team who are responsible for the network and server infrastructure and third line technical support of business applications across the Firm. In addition, the role will include investigating and analysing the feasibility of system requirements, developing system specifications, identifying methods and solutions, and providing project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the business.
This is a permanent, full time role and the role will be based in Grimsby.
The successful applicant will be expected to take part in a rota system for out of hours support (7am to 9pm). Also, they have a rota system for working between 9am to 5pm and 10am to 6pm.
In addition, due to the nature of our business many changes to infrastructure and networks have to take place outside of normal working hours so a commitment to this will be required.
• Monitoring and maintaining servers.
• Analysing log files and investigating and correcting or recording errors that are discovered.
• Ensuring backup processes function correctly and all data is backed up as per the policies.
• Configuring network devices such as layer 2 and 3 switches.
• Working with systems for endpoint device management, including software distribution, updates, patching virus protection and imaging.
• Assisting with network account creation and troubleshooting.
• Developing and maintaining scripts and programs that automate repetitive tasks and data transfer in the Network Operations Centre.
• Clearly documenting features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes.
• Providing management and administrative support of digital communication systems; including training and orientation for staff and administrations. This may include service to partner organisations.
To be considered for this role you will need to have a high level of working knowledge of most of the below:
• Internet protocols, VPN and Firewalls. VMware, Vmotion or similar virtualization technology.
• Veeam backup software or similar.
• Support of network print management systems and servers.
• Network troubleshooting, monitoring, and maintenance tools and techniques.
• Basic web technologies such as Microsoft IIS and TomCat.
• Encryption and certificates.
• Active Directory and LDAP integration.
• WAN’s, LAN’s, MPLS, ADSL.
• Citrix thin client technology.
• SQL servers and SQL query language.
• IP Telephony such as Mitel or similar.
• Office 365 services including Email and SharePoint.
• Microsoft Operating Systems (Server 2008, 2012,2016 & 2019, Windows 7/8/10).
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016.Mobile device management (MDM).
• PowerShell Scripting.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.