Instrumentation Test & Electrical Repair EngineerHenfield, £25,000 - £30,000 Permanent
A vacancy has arisen for an enthusiastic Electronics Repair Engineer, within our client’s Henfield facility. They are a leading instrumentation supplier who manufacture and supply a diverse mix of instruments for medical, security, and scientific markets.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in diagnosing and repairing electronics down to component level and be confident with the use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes multi meters, etc.
It is essential to have a good all-round knowledge of electronic theory and good practical skills such as surface mount soldering, ideally you should be qualified to at least HNC/HND level in electronics or above. An interest in scientific or nuclear instrumentation would be an advantage. The role will require level of customer/sales support on the company's products, so good communications skills are required.
As part of the role the successful candidate will be willing to implement new and improve existing test procedures, and assist with new build documentation as required. The role is very much a flexible role, and you should also be prepared to help and assist in other areas of the company if required.
- Pre-sale testing and repair of existing radiation detection equipment and other scientific instruments.
- Complete test reports and production documentation as per company's quality management system (ISO9001, ISO13485).
- Provide support to customers, and other staff members where required on the company's range of products.
- Be prepared to assist with other departments within the company as required.
- Qualified at minimum to HND/HNC level in Electronic Engineering, the successful candidate will be an experienced electronic repair technician with a proven track record in electronics fault finding.
- An interest in nuclear/scientific instrumentation would be an advantage.
- A friendly, positive attitude towards work and good attention to detail is essential for this role.
- Good communication skills are required for this role.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.