IT EngineerManchester, £25,000 - £32,000 Permanent
Salary: £25K - £32K + Company Car + Fuel Card.
Our client is an IT specialist in providing services and hardware to business and schools throughout Lancashire and the UK. They are based in Adlington, Chorley and accompanied by highly experienced technical and advisory staff to help us provide a range of services that ensures IT works for their clients.
Due to double digit year on year growth, our client is currently looking for a talented IT Support Professional looking to make a significant impact through their work. Primarily in an education environment but also within a growing SME/corporate market.
Working to build relationships, the ideal individual will be attending schools on a regular basis to provide on-site support along with pro-active maintenance, as well as providing remote support to the end users via an advanced RMM solution. The IT Engineer may be the 1st point of contact for those requiring support so polite communication and efficient customer service is essential, whilst having a can-do attitude with a willingness to learn.
This role would suit someone that likes to be challenged and maintains a high customer service ethic, key to success in the role is attitude and professionalism alongside technical knowledge to complete duties at hand.
The main duties of the role will include, but not limit to:
• Log, handle, resolve and/or escalate service requests and incidents supporting users both in person and via remote technology(s).
• Working with Windows Server 2012, 2016/2019.
• Overall knowledge of Microsoft Windows environments.
• Understanding of Hyper-V virtualization and management.
• Understanding of basic networking and administration i.e. DNS, DHCP etc.
• Recognising the importance of data protection, risks and redundancy.
• Experience with Office 365 platform and features such as:
• Excellent customer service via all communication channels such as email, instant messaging, telephone etc.
• Ability to communicate well internally and externally
• Keen to learn and have a forward-thinking attitude
• Proactive attitude rather than break fix mentality
• Be able to work under pressure and working to meet objective deadlines
Applicant must hold a full UK driving license, company vehicle or van may be provided depending on circumstances. Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.