IT Support TechnicianLeeds, £22,000 - £24,000 Permanent
We are recruiting for an IT Support Technician for one of the UK’s most successful independent, IT, Cloud & Managed Services Providers. The business split across four main focus areas of: Technology Solutions, Cyber Security, Cloud Solutions, and Communications.
IT Support Technician - Role & Responsibilities:
• To provide effective and friendly IT support to all users across sites over the business core operating hours – predominantly over the phone
• Resolve support issues on Microsoft Windows 7 including desktop applications.
• Complete daily proactive checks and maintain existing and deploy new desktop systems as required.
• Assist with the proactive management of the IT infrastructure, identify possible issues and escalate to senior systems support if necessary.
• Escalate recurring and major incidents to relevant senior support staff working closely with second line technicians and systems engineers
• Work closely with infrastructure service providers to proactively monitor and maintain the IT and Telecoms Infrastructure.
• Constantly review the current IT infrastructure Be available for periodical trips down (London) to assist with cross site support
• Assist with handling of stock items and computer equipment, including clearing away empty boxes once they have been used
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Ability to identify and understand underlying technical issues, root cause analysis of recurring IT issues is key to the role.
• Full server administration, data archiving, user management, performance and capacity balancing, system fault monitoring and remediation, cable patching and documentation, offsite backups of system and application software
• A good understanding of Windows operating systems, client-server networks and Microsoft Office applications is required. Training will be given on specific client application stack
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Technology Stack and Understanding of network technologies and a basic understanding of backup technologies and techniques
• Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, SharePoint Administration
• Shift Pattern: Week 1: Mon - Fri 7:30 - 15:45; Sat 7:30 - 14:00
Week 2: Mon - Fri 11:45 - 20:00; 1 Rotating shift of 12:45 - 21:00
• Up to £24,000 basic Salary
• Pension Scheme & Training Days
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Birthdays off as a paid holiday
• Referral scheme
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.