IT Systems EngineerCastleford, £25,000 - £35,000 Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established business supplying a unique technology-based product/solution to the public and private sectors. They now require an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join the team and support the next phase of growth for the company.
Due to continued growth they now have a great opportunity for an individual to join their dynamic team and take responsibility for managing the company’s infrastructure.
Reporting to the software development manager you will work closely with other teams in the business to ensure that IT systems are fully documented, fit for purpose, scalable and have appropriate tiers of access.
You may also be required to work out of normal office hours.
IT Systems Engineer - Required skills:
• Proven experience managing and maintaining IT systems
• Microsoft Windows 7/10 desktop support
• Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policy
• Microsoft Server OS (2012+)
• Support and administration of Microsoft mail and Office365 admin tools
• Experience with AWS and EC2/RDS
• Experience with Virtual Machines (Hyper-V/VMWare etc.)
• Experience of working with cross-functional teams
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
• Excellent documentation skills
• Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast moving and challenging environment
• Good knowledge of Linux servers
• Good networking skills
Advantageous but not essential:
• Familiar with ITIL principles
• Exposure to commercial software development
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.