Junior Paralegal - Graduates welcomePontefract, £16,000 Permanent
Our client is a local Solicitors based in the Pontefract area. They are looking for a motivated and ambitious person to join their rewarding team.
The role of a Junior Paralegal is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is interested in starting their career in Industrial Disease Law. Training will be given and there is an opportunity to progress within the company.
The primary role of the Industrial Disease Paralegal is to provide direct support to his/her Principal to enable the Principal to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include (but will not be limited to) the main responsibilities given below.
The Industrial Disease Paralegal is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
• Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms.
• Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
• Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate Fee Earner.
• Preparing standard legal forms.
• Preparing and filing court documents
• Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
• Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
• Preparation of bills and/or liase with costs draftsman.
• Preparing LAA forms.
• Liase with The Accident Line as requested.
• Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries.
Working hours of Monday to Thursday 9.00-17.30, Friday 9.00-17.00.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes for this role, please apply now! Our client is interviewing ASAP!
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.