Key Account ManagerBurnley, £25,000 - £30,000 Permanent
As a Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing existing accounts within the Education Sector in Lancashire.
You will be required to interact with colleagues across the company and within the field engineering team to facilitate the satisfaction of IT hardware product requirements.
You be responsible for negotiating for future products, solving day to day issues and cross selling the company’s other products and services.
The Key Account Manager’s main responsibilities:
• Managing numerous client accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction, retention and account development
• Identify new product opportunities whilst visiting and communicating with decision makers
• Gain a detailed knowledge of the education sector, products, budgets and buying process.
• Compile proposals and quotes
The Key Account Manager’s client retention requirements:
• Present new products and services to enhance existing relationships
• Build strong and positive relationships with clients at various levels
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
• Be the key interface between the client and all relevant internal departments
• Complete administrative tasks in connection with internal processes/procedures
• Communicate with clients and colleagues via telephone and email
• Attend client service meetings
• Ongoing operational analysis of client sites to ensure profitability at all times
• Identify any training/knowledge needs for clients and prepare and perform training sessions/documentation where required
• Initiate and lead periodical account reviews with clients to ensure client satisfaction
• Identify opportunities to cross-sell
The Key Account Manager’s required skills:
• Proven track record of account management
• Experience of selling to and managing key accounts
• The ability to demonstrate how to grow revenues using account management principles
• Previous accountability for making commercial decisions
• Demonstrate leadership of tasks and projects in previous working history
• Ability to find and pursue new leads and increase revenue opportunities in existing accounts
• Strong account management and relationship building skills
• Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills with strong I.T. and written English language skills with an Ability to multi-task
• Confidence in dealing with all levels of personnel both externally and internally
• Aptitude to work both independently and as part of a team with an element of team leadership
• Willingness to assume responsibilities and take ownership of tasks
• Capacity to work under pressure as customer requests can often occur in an unpredictable manner
• Customer service minded
• Good commercial acumen
• Solutions oriented with good problem-solving skills
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.