Legal Secretary - Residential ConveyancingBatley, £19,000 Permanent
Pyramid8 are delighted to be working with our client to recruit an experienced Secretary to work within their residential conveyancing department
Our client is well established, multi-disciplined legal firm, who provides an honest, efficient and excellent service to their clients. Due to the demand within the conveyancing team, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to undertake all secretarial and administrative tasks. This is a full time, permanent role based in Batley – this role is also 100% office based
• To prepare documents and correspondence requiring knowledge of legal terminology and formats such as contracts, briefs, policies, pleadings and court documents.
• To perform a wide variety of other routine secretarial and administrative tasks. Type (audio and copy) all general correspondence, including memos, faxes and other documents and forms.
• Prepare documents and correspondence requiring knowledge of legal terminology and document formats, such as contracts, briefs, policies and complaints.
• File all incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintain filing and administrative systems.
• Arrange teleconferences with local, regional and national law firms, as well as other constituencies, as required.
• Maintain accurate records of all cash movements, producing information as required.
• Exhibit a good level of flexibility and teamwork.
• Support colleagues where required and undertake training where appropriate.
• Assist with all other general administrative tasks
• You must have at least 2 years’ experience of working within a Residential Conveyancing Department either as a Legal Secretary, Legal Assistant or Administrator
• A good understanding of conveyancing legislation, governance and compliance
• Excellent IT skills such as Excel and Word
• Good typing skills
• Excellent communication skills – over the phone, in person and via email
• Fantastic attention to detail and organisational skills – this will be a fast-paced role so this is a key requirement
• A “can do” attitude
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.