Marketing and Communications ManagerSheffield, £27,000 - £37,000 Permanent
£27,000-£37,000 pro-rata dependent upon experience, plus excellent benefits.
Full time, although part time would be considered.
Our client is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Since 2010, our client has helped over 3 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and well-being.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Marketing and Communications Manager to join our client at an exciting time in the organisation’s growth.
You will be collaborative and creative, driven by wanting to make a positive impact on people’s lives and society; and passionate about helping us to achieve the vision of a world where everyone benefits from digital technology.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you’ll be experienced in a variety of marketing and communications tactics - end-to-end from developing strategies and plans through to implementation and impact measurement, with a particular focus on behaviour change campaigns. You’ll also work with a range of partners, across the government, private sector and charity sectors, to develop shared communications and campaigns plans.
You will be part of a busy and dynamic marketing and communications team, and will work with passionate and committed colleagues across the organisation.
Our client is looking for someone with an excellent understanding of designing and delivering effective campaigns - to change behaviours as well as raise awareness.
You will also be a communications expert, providing advice to colleagues across the organisation about strategic marketing and communications approaches, as well as the delivery of specific activities.
Alongside the skill and experiences you bring, you’ll also be curious about new developments in marketing and communications, and will bring new ideas to the organisation to help extend their reach.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Marketing and campaigns
• Lead the delivery of communications activity for some of their major projects, working with comms teams in partner organisations, including large corporate organisations.
• Develop and execute multi-channel marketing and communications plans
• Provide expert advice on the delivery of marketing and communications activity to both internal and external stakeholders
• Work with a range of external agencies, commissioning activity
• Effectively manage campaign plans and budgets
• Create key messages, content, marketing collateral and more as required
• Build strong relationships with external partners and internal colleagues
• Act as a brand ambassador, and ensure their brand is executed effectively.
• Create a range of compelling content to help reach audiences and effectively tell their story - including press releases, web copy, social media content and much more
• Provide editing and proofreading support
• Update websites and web content, using CMS systems
• Run digital and social media campaigns.
• Set and manage budgets
• Support project planning, resource allocation and commissioning of communications activity, working with the Head of Communications and External Affairs
• Follow developments in marketing and communications in order to develop activities
• Undertake general duties for the Marketing and Communications Team, including photography, writing case studies and other duties as required.
• At least three years’ experience in a marketing and communications role
• Experience of developing and implementing marketing and communications plans
• Experience of commissioning and working with agencies
• Experience of working with stakeholders at a senior level and developing excellent relationships
• Experience of delivering complex communications plans
• Experience of running social media campaigns
• Experience of running behaviour change campaigns
Knowledge and skills required:
• Ability to lead and deliver multiple projects at one time
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Confident using web CMS programmes
• Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
• Strong organisational skills, project management and a keen attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.