Microbiology Manager / Laboratory ManagerBlackley, £58,000 - £65,000 Permanent
Our client is a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world.
Their Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals
They are looking for a Microbiology Manager / Laboratory Manager supporting their Hygiene and Home & Personal Care business unit located on the outskirts of Manchester.
As the successful candidate you will play a vital role as part of a Research & Development team. You will be responsible for defining and delivering the microbiology programme supporting the above market fields.
You will have overall management of the Microbiology Laboratory, including product development for the active innovation projects and business development projects aligned to sales growth targets.
• You will manage, develop and coach a team of research microbiologists, ensuring Individual Development Plans are in place to support employee growth in line with business deliverables
• You will define and deliver specific microbiology programs to underpin the maintenance and defence of existing portfolio of products
• You will take the lead and drive delivery of specific work packages to provide microbiology application expertise to business development projects, working closely with internal and external stakeholders
• Holding a highly visible professional profile for the organisation, you will actively participate in industry organisations, technical societies and customer interactions, by attending and participating at appropriate national / international meetings and trade shows
• You will be responsible for ensuring full compliance of yourself and your team within the lab, ensuring activities remain compliant with corporate and local EHS (COSHH) and quality requirements
• You will have a BSc or equivalent professional experience in Microbiology
• Your expertise will have been gained in relevant industry and preferably with Hygiene & Preservation or Home & Personal care focus
• You will have demonstrable experience of application testing and new product development
• You will have the ability to challenge the status quo and identify and implement innovative solutions which meet business needs
• Your leadership and people management skills will engage, foster and encourage collaboration, striving to develop your team in every aspect of their contribution, demonstrating a high degree of professional integrity
• Results driven you will be able to translate business needs of our matrix organisation, into challenging and achievable KPIs for yourself and your team, proactively sharing in successes
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.