Multi-skilled Engineer / Engineering CoordinatorNottingham, £40,000 - £45,000 Permanent
Our client is an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, they are currently looking for a mechanically biased, Multi-skilled Engineer / Engineering Coordinator to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Vision of the business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Engineering Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities.
These will include, but are not limited to:
• Proactive, planned-preventative maintenance to ensure the existing equipment is able to meet capacity demand and efficiency targets.
• Reactive maintenance to ensure minimal machine downtime.
• Identifying and delivering against opportunities to implement changes and continuous improvement projects to maximise plant efficiencies.
• Assisting with the introduction of new equipment to a market-leading production facility as part of the continued drive for innovation.
• Continuous professional development through industry specific training.
• A 12 hour rotating days/nights continental shift pattern, with shifts commencing at 7:00am on the dayshift and 7:00pm on the nightshift.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
• Experienced Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer;
• Ability to install and programme an invertor on a three phase induction motor
• Ability to read and fault find on an electrical system
• Fault finding on PLC’s, including the ability to change ladder logic.
• PLC’s predominantly used on site include Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi
• Good knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
• Good knowledge of Servo Motors
• Strong diagnostic skills and proactive in their approach
• Educated to at least a City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ level 3 in a relevant qualification
• Great communicator
• Team player with the ability to work alone when required
• Experience in a food manufacturing environment
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
• A competitive salary
• Combined Company Pension (8%)
• 33 days holiday entitlement pro-rata based on 3.5 day average working week
• Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
• Heavily discounted staff shop
• A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
The business has been producing products in this category since 1852 on site for over 50 years.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.