Multiskilled Maintenance EngineerGlasgow, £30,000 - £40,000 Permanent
Our client is leading speciality bakery manufacturer, producing a diverse range of cakes, bread and bakery snack products for the major UK multiple retailers and the foodservice channel.
To maintain a wide range of production equipment as well as general maintenance and installation within the Company planned preventative maintenance system, on line fault finding and process development on a day to day basis with responsibility of working on one’s own initiative during shifts, reporting to the Lead Engineer.
Role Key Accountabilities:
• Responsible for ensuring personal day to day compliance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and legal and quality systems.
• Production Downtime kept to 2% or below through planned preventative maintenance and quick and efficient management of breakdowns.
• Involvement in projects, continuous improvement, and productivity improvement projects.
• Deliver maintenance programme in line with planned preventative maintenance vision
• Carrying out maintenance work with due diligence and in compliance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and legal and quality systems.
• Ensure that engineering maintenance is carried out in line with the planned preventative maintenance system, scheduling and corrective action is taken when required. Booking of the work undertaken with duration and materials used through the Company CMMS.
• To deal with any unscheduled and emergency maintenance work, including all fault finding and necessary repair and striving to identify the root cause in each occasion. Booking of the duration, root cause and materials used through the Company CMMS
• Communicating unscheduled downtime to the Lead Engineer, Engineering Manager or Production Manager and the corrective action required and root cause if this has been identified.
• All works performed following a ‘clean as you go’ ethic in accordance with good manufacturing practise
• Responsible for ensuring the workshop and individual toolboxes are maintained to the highest standards and in line with Good Manufacturing Practise “GMP” standards
• Identification of improvements that can be made to production lines or individual machinery or other operations.
• Ensuring that engineering supplies requested as appropriate to engineering works being carried out.
• Dealing with day to day issues and identifying and delivering repair and maintenance as needs arise for them.
• Participation in continuous improvement/profit improvement projects/major project as required and directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Qualified, multi-skilled engineer.
• Previous working experience gained in an FMCG environment.
• The role requires an individual who has broad experience with some gained in food manufacturing/ processing.
• PC literate.
• Experience of Lean/continuous improvement type environment.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.