Paralegal - Family Law/Child CareWakefield, £20,000 - £22,000 Permanent
Permanent full time, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
The client is looking to start the successful candidate as soon as possible.
Pyramid8 are delighted to be working with our client based in Wakefield to recruit a Paralegal within the Family Law/Childcare team. Our client is a well-established law firm. They have developed a strong local reputation for our expertise childcare, family and wills and probate law.
About the Paralegal role:
This role will suit a bright, organised and flexible individual who is enthusiastic about being part of this business at such an exciting time. The right candidate should consider this a genuine opportunity to become a pivotal part of our team and progress their legal career. The firm is experiencing an exceptional growth at this time and this role will provide a full support role to the Solicitors and Partners.
The ideal candidate will have both administrative and legal responsibilities.
Legal tasks will include:
• Drafting legal letters and documents
• Ensuring due diligence and compliance are up to date
• Setting up new clients in the system
• Supporting solicitors with client work
• Keeping matters running smoothly and ensuring our clients are happy
Administrative tasks will include:
• Data entry
• Managing incoming and outgoing post
• Greeting clients
• Answering the phone
• Taking payments
• General office duties
Essentially, this is a varied role which is likely to change and evolve over time. This will be a demanding role with a lot of responsibility, but it’s also a real opportunity to shape your own role and help drive the future of the firm.
• Demonstratable experience of working within a legal firm within a role such as Legal Assistant or Paralegal
• Ideally experience of working within Family Law and Childcare
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Confident in speaking to clients in person and over the phone
• Have a “can do” attitude and have enthusiasm to achieve all tasks to a high standard
• A degree within the Law sector would be desirable but not essential
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.