Personal Injury PI ParalegalPontefract, £17,000 - £20,000 Permanent
£17,000 - £20,000 depending on experience
Our client is a local solicitors, they are recruiting for their Personal Injury Trauma team. They are looking for an enthusiastic person to join their team. They welcome Law Graduates & LPC’s
Requirements of the role are:
• Good client care skills.
• GCSE English grade C or above.
• Good management, communication, marketing and organisational skills.
• Computer literacy and good keyboard skills.
The primary role of the Personal Injury Trauma Paralegal is to provide direct support to their Principals to enable the Principals to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include (but will not be limited to) the main responsibilities given below. The Personal Injury Trauma Paralegal is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
Under direction of the appropriate Supervisor/Head of Department:
• Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete relevant forms.
• Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the defendant and other parties as requested.
• Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate Fee Earner.
• Preparing standard legal forms.
• Preparing and filing court documents.
• Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
• Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
• Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman.
• Reviewing and archiving files.
• Liaise with BTE and ATE providers as necessary.
• Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries.
• Liaise with other departments and accounts department as required.
• Carry out any legal work on file as directed by Principles.
• Carry out relevant searches.
• To undertake other duties such as researching law, searching old files, obtaining documents, transporting clients, running errands and supporting fee earners as and when required.
• Work on RTA, EL & PL Portal cases.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00am-5.30pm Friday 9.00am-5.00pm.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.