Project Lead / Programme Manager / Head of ProjectsSouth Yorkshire, £35,000 - £50,000 Contract
Fixed term until Nov 2021.
Our client is a forward-thinking dynamic digital & social inclusion charity. Their goal is to ensure everyone can benefit from digital technology.
The Project Lead / Programme Manager / Head of Projects role:
Our client is delivering working an Assisted Digital service for the 2021 Census, working with the Office for National Statistics. This is a critical part a major national Government exercise, and a chance to support large numbers of people across England and Wales to participate in a ‘digital first” Census as well as building their confidence with digital.
You will be adaptable, resourceful and resilient and will lead the project and delivery and
management of their contribution to the Census, working with a team of indirect reports and a wider matrix team of specialist colleagues. You will have the capacity and capability to engage in strategy, process design and assurance, and the real-time management of delivery and performance, you will be an expert in managing risk and overseeing the delivery of large-scale programmes through distributed resources and networks.
You will be the main point of contact for the client on the operational delivery of the Assisted Digital service and have oversight of all internal aspects of strategic and operational management.
The ideal candidate:
• You are modern, visionary and analytical, understanding the power of digital social change and how it can help people lead better lives. You are driven to make good things happen through digital technology.
• You always deliver what you say you will. Passionate about making things happen effectively and efficiently, ensure excellent project delivery and maintain strong relationships with funders and partners.
• You combine strong leadership with a collaborative team approach, drawing on key strengths and skills on the project team whilst ensuring milestones and deliverables are met on time, within budget at the required standard.
• You combine a keen eye for detail with the ability to create long-term strategic plans for service delivery. In doing this you will identify, monitor and mitigate against potential risks and issues that may affect the delivery and impact of a service.
You will have experience of:
• Minimum 2 - 4 years experience of management in an organisation of at least comparable size
• Managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects to meet agreed deliverables, organisational objectives and the needs of users
With the following knowledge and skills:
• Ability to manage flexible teams of staff to achieve challenging delivery objectives in a cross-functional organisation
• Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and those you manage
• Ability to think strategically and innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows
You will be required to sign the Census Confidentiality Undertaking which commits you to protecting personal information in line with legal and other requirements. During operational periods you may be required to work out of hours to meet operational needs.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.