Project Manager / Service ManagerSheffield, £25,000 - £35,000 Contract
Fixed term until Nov 2021.
Our client is a forward-thinking dynamic digital & social inclusion charity. Their goal is to ensure everyone can benefit from digital technology.
Project Manager / Service Manager role:
Our client is delivering working an Assisted Digital service for the 2021 Census, working with the Office for National Statistics. This is a critical part a major national Government exercise, and a chance to support large numbers of people across England and Wales to participate in a ‘digital first” Census as well as building their confidence with digital.
We’re looking for a proactive, inspirational and resilient individual who is passionate about making things happen effectively and efficiently. You will role model and ensure excellent project delivery and maintain strong relationships with funders and partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Oversight of project/service development and day-to-day lead for project delivery, ensuring all milestones are met and deliverables achieved on time, within budget and to the standard required.
• Accountable lead for all service risk, incident, disaster recovery and business continuity plans and documentation, ultimately ensuring all risks are mitigated against, the impact of issues are minimised and the Assisted Digital is delivered to a high standard and meets specified national Government standards.
You will have experience of:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience of successfully delivering complex projects that involve a range of demanding partners or stakeholders
• Experience of managing complex budgets across different projects
• Experience of developing and implementing risk, business continuity and incident management processes
• Experience and ability to blend a range of agile and waterfall methodologies
• With the following knowledge and skills:
• Excellent oral communication and written skills, in particular experience of formal report writing and process documentation
• Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally, with people at all levels
• Budget management and financial skills, enabling confident control of delegated expenditure
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with a practical approach to day-to-day operational delivery
You will be required to sign the Census Confidentiality Undertaking which commits you to protecting personal information in line with legal and other requirements. During operational periods you may be required to work out of hours to meet operational needs.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.