Receptionist / Clinical Receptionist / Bookings AdministratorDoncaster, £10 - £10 Permanent
The post holder will provide key administrative/reception service support to facilitate the patient pathway. The post holder will work flexibly across services to provide a booking service, process clinic changes, call centre cover and processing of referrals.
The post holder will build and maintain close working relationships across the clinical administrative teams, using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure functions of the role are carried out correctly and within given timescales.
The post holder will ensure accurate data recording using the Patient Administration System (PAS) and E-referral and other systems; and via the use of Patient Tracking Lists (PTLs) book outpatient/inpatient events in accordance with clinical instruction and national/local waiting time target dates.
The post holder may be expected to work on a rota basis to ensure appropriate service cover at all times; this may include cross site working/cross cover with other reception areas/wards.
- Previous experience working in a clerical/administrative role
- Maintenance of computerised files
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word
- Commitment to acquire & apply knowledge of RTT National and local waiting times rules
- Previous hospital or NHS experience working in a clerical/administrative role
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of Trust Policies, including Hospital to Treatment Patient Access Policy
- Knowledge and understanding of RTT National and local waiting time rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the hospital patient access policy