Registered Manager – Children’s Residential HomeWillenhall, £45,000 Permanent
£45K Basic + Benefits
If you looking to make a difference to the lives of children and young people, then look no further as we have the role for you!
Our client is looking for an experienced, Registered Children’s Home Manager to lead the team and support with the opening of a brand new service in Willenhall. The service will provide care and support for children and young people aged 7 – 18 years . This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact on the lives of the children and young people we support.
This Care Manager role will allow the successful candidate to mould, drive and develop the children’s home and take it to outstanding. In return hey are offering a fantastic support structure, training and remuneration package for the successful applicant who can demonstrate the behaviours and values within the organisation.
To be responsible for the effective and efficient management of an Ofsted registered residential home which provides quality care for a group of vulnerable young people with social, emotional & behavioural difficulties.
• Responsible for all aspects of staff recruitment, effective deployment of staff/bank and Agency workers across the service, referrals, admissions and care practice.
• Ensure the service delivers at a high level to meet the young people’s needs and can provide quantitative and qualitative data to evidence the outcomes achieved by young people.
• Ensures the service meets and complies with all regulatory and statutory requirements as a minimum. Deliver the service to meet all contractual standards of placing authorities and where possible exceed the standards.
• To support and directly line manage the team with delegated responsibility to the Home’s senior management team.
• To ensure efficient and effective administrative and electronic systems are in place and being used to meet obligations for recording and reporting to comply with both Pathway’s and Ofsted’s reporting standards.
• Ensure the service performs within budget and at a level to achieve the highest Ofsted inspection rating, supporting a programme of continuous business improvement.
• With the support of the Regional Manager, responsible for the forward vision, strategic planning and generation of a pipeline of continuous business, building up and maintaining a sound reputation for the Home.
• To ensure systems are in place to audit the quality of the care provision against nationally agreed standards of quality, Ofsted and regional Local Authority consortia. Working closely with the Regional Manager and the Director of Quality and Compliance.
• Ensure the service provides a child-centred and child-focussed environment where appropriate detailed assessments (care plans, risk assessments etc.) and programmes of activity are undertaken to meet the core needs of each young person. Ensure the delivery of detailed care planning, regular monitoring and review takes place.
• To ensure all staff fully understand their roles in the context of supporting young people with SEBD within a residential care environment. To ensure regular and effective meetings are maintained to enhance and develop integrated care and education practices. Ensure effective communication and team working and the operation of the key worker role.
• Develop and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with referring authorities, LADO, Inspectors from the Regulatory Body (currently Ofsted) and other professionals to ensure the service represents high standards of residential care; provides for new and continued placements and an overall positive impression of the company.
• Deliver the service within agreed occupancy and fee levels as identified through the business planning and budget annual targets. To lead the annual business planning and budgetary process in liaison with the staff team and Regional Manager.
• Do you feel you can offer a supportive environment to enable people to grow and develop?
• Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
• Are you loyal, are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
• Do you value unique ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
• Can you work in transparent, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
• Can you bring energy, positivity and an engaging mind-set to work?
• Are you passionate about enabling people to have a meaningful life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
• Recognised Social Work qualification or a professional qualification relevant to working with children at least at level 4.
• Qualification in management to at least at level 4 in Leadership and Management (LMCS)
• For persons undertaking a qualification after January 2011, the relevant qualification will be level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.