Research and Evaluation ManagerSheffield, £30,000 - £37,000 Permanent
Our client is a digital and social inclusion charity. They support people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
As they grow as a charity, they are looking to recruit a Senior Research and Evaluation Manager for a new strategic role in the core team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape and lead the delivery of a portfolio of research and evaluation, working alongside their team of highly engaged and skilled researchers and data analysts, who are challenging current thinking across the digital skills and inclusion landscape.
Responsibilities of the Senior Research and Evaluation Manager will include:
• Uphold and further their reputation as an international expert in social practice research and evaluation of digital inclusion.
• Lead on the design and delivery of a mixed portfolio of research and evaluation projects to achieve agreed objectives and deliver to high standards.
• Recruit and manage internal staff and contractors to ensure the Research Team can deliver its strategic and project portfolio responsibilities on an ongoing basis.
• Communicate our research and evaluation findings and processes actively, effectively and appropriately to a variety of stakeholders (including our community partner network, funders, policymakers, providers, and academic partners).
• Build and manage partnerships that build our expertise and profile for evidence and evaluation, nationally and internationally.
• Evaluation, research, data analysis and reporting (essential).
• Recruiting, managing and developing staff (essential).
• Leading and managing research and evaluation projects to high standards (essential).
• Communicating research and evaluation findings to inform practice and/or policy development and to engage different audiences (essential).
• Commissioning and/or collaborating with external research partners (desirable).
• Managing multiple projects at a time, prioritising and planning (essential).
• Working in a fast-paced and agile environment (desirable).
• knowledge and skills
• Experienced in a wide range of research and evaluation methodologies and both qualitative and quantitative data analysis (essential).
• Analytical with excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to see the bigger picture (essential).
• A strong natural curiosity and related skills to discover the meaning behind data (essential).
• A proactive and innovative approach (essential).
• Ability to lead successful work streams or projects (essential).
• Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude (essential).
• Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written communications skills (essential).
• Strong digital literacy and interest in using technology for research and evaluation, and for social change (essential).
Regular UK travel will be required.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.