Rewind Machine OperativeLeeds, £19,500 - £20,763 Permanent
Attractive starting salary - £19,500 per annum, increasing to £20,763 pa after probationary period.
Immediate start, Shift flexibility essential. Uniforms will be provided.
Hours of work: Based on weekly rotating shift pattern. Early and late shift 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday and night shift 38¾ hours per week working Sunday to Thursday.
Holidays: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
You will be auto enrolled into the Company Pension Scheme.
Pyramid8 are working with a Printing Company in Leeds that are looking to extend the team due to high demand and expansion. This is an exciting time for someone from a machine operating background that is looking for a new challenge.
The Rewind Machine Operative / Machine Operator role:
You will work within a press team and be responsible for completing the finishing of the master printed reel to the clients packing specification.
Job duties will include:
• Ability to read and follow work order specifications;
• Setup and operation of Rewind Inspection Machines using hand tools;
• Verify size and alignment of rewind rolls;
• Inspect for quality and consistency of product while machine is operating and adjust as necessary;
• Identifying and removing all non-conforming products, set up and in-process waste
• Label all finished products and package all products in appropriate boxes;
• Ensure total quality through use of good manufacturing practice and company standard operating procedures;
• Operate fully 100% inspection unit/AVT System when rewinding OPM product.
• Share with other operator’s inspection details with regard to historical jobs when required.
• Responsibly add operator comments to MIS system.
• Responsibility for keeping a clean & organised working environment.
• Overtime may be occasionally required in order to meet deadlines.
You must have:
• A willingness to learn and be part of a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team;
• Ability to work well in a high pressure environment;
• Strong communication and must be able to work well with others;
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
• Good basic IT skills, literacy and numeracy;
• Good colour perception (Must pass colour vision test)
• Production machine operating: 1 year (Required)
• Quality control/ inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
• Working in target driven, busy manufacturing environment: 1 year (Required)
• Competent IT use: 1 year (Preferred)
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.