SCADA EngineerYorkshire, £30,000 - £40,000 Permanent
Reference: P8JOB4690 | Specialist area: Engineering | Sector: Engineering
My Client is a Charity who works within the Environmental Sector.
- An ICA/SCADA Technician will form part of a team of M&E, ICA, (MEICA) and SCADA Engineers and Technicians providing technical expertise to operationally critical mechanised (MEICA) and SCADA assets.
- You will assist in the management of the significant infrastructure risk of these assets and will aid in the development and deliverer of control system solutions to meet business requirements and the ongoing support of the Trusts MEICA and SCADA assets.
- Provide the Trust with definitive expert advice on MEICA and SCADA systems engineering issues.
- Provide operational support and systems to our regions and other internal teams.
- Assist with the management of the full life-cycle of control systems including documentation, software code writing, configuration, testing and commissioning.
- Assist with the development of technical documentation and designs, approval of electrical designs and documentation.
- Assist in ensuring that data and information for all Trust control systems is consistently maintained in accordance with prescribed standards and is available to meet the Trust’s needs.
- Assist in ensuring that technical specification and work briefs for control systems are prepared and issued in a timely manner to the required programme. Aid in the technical management of MEICA projects so that effective and efficient engineering solutions are delivered.
- Use professional knowledge and experience to provide definitive recommendations to senior managers and other colleagues on appropriate approach.
- Displaying the Trust values and behaviours at all times
- Ensuring that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promoting inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust’s policies and values Behaviours/Values
- Qualified to HNC level in a relevant discipline or demonstrable comparable industrial experience.
- Membership of appropriate professional body e.g IET
- Knowledge of the full life-cycle of a control system for MEICA and SCADA assets including control software code writing, configuration and testing. Configuration, implementation and testing of the interface to SCADA system. Production of relevant design and configuration documentation.
- Knowledge of Communication Networking including industrial Ethernet, Mobile data network used for M2M, other industrial networks including CC-Link and Modbus
- Strong Electrical Engineering knowledge
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Able to support other areas of the business in an appropriate manner, taking account of overall business priorities and negotiating resources as appropriate.
- Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data to non-technical audiences.
- Where appropriate actively participate in CRT “Stand-by” and” Call-out rotas
- Full driving licence
What We Offer
In addition to your annual salary they offer car cash allowance, access to generous DC pension scheme and other benefits