Senior Civil Design EngineerYorkshire, £38,000.00 - £40,000.00 per hour Permanent
Due to recent promotion my client who works with the waterways across England and Wales, has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Engineer based in Yorkshire. If you are keen to progress your Engineering career then please continue to read and see if you can offer us the skills and experience we are looking for in our new Senior Engineer.
They are looking to recruit a passionate Incorporated Senior Engineer.
About the role:
Our Engineers are important to the success of the Trust; the role will involve designing and/or managing the design of repairs on a diverse range of national historical assets. As one of our Engineers you will be responsible for undertaking designs of technical solutions, preparing specifications and briefing documents for our direct labour force (Direct Services), contractors and consultants. It is an extremely varied and interesting role and whether you are delivering innovative solutions, managing the supply chain, or helping to define standards and procedures, you will be working to conserve and enhance our precious waterways for future generations.
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for leading a small team to undertake the designs and specifications, whilst engaging with our delivery partners to ensure successful delivery of the programme.
- Investigate and develop cost effective design and construction solutions ensuring best value, taking into account user requirements and whole life costs where appropriate
- Design and specification of engineering solutions and where required, act as Principal Designer or Designer for works, (in accordance with CDM2015)
- Management of a small team of Engineers who design and specify engineering solutions
- Responsible for engaging and briefing Principal Engineers, relevant stakeholders and offering specialists advice, when risks require greater consideration.
- Work within a team of Engineers and other technical specialists to design and specify engineering solutions.
- Write briefs for the Trust’s Professional Services Consultant and manage the design process.
- Engage with the allocation of design resource, either within the Trust or through the contract supply chain
- Define the maintenance, repair and renewal works for delivery by the Trust‘s teams and contractors, taking account of, all statutory, technical, operational and customer requirements.
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of the Trust‘s Design Guidance, Standards and Specifications
- Provide technical support to the Trust’s internal functions, contractors, Direct Services, Volunteers, Third Party Works, Planning and Externally Funded Works, agreeing standards and specifications.
- Where required, provide temporary works designs to support works delivered by the Trust’s Direct Services.
- Where appropriate actively participate in the Trust‘s “Stand-by” and” Call-out rotas”
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer or equivalent professional qualification (ICE).
- Membership of relevant professional body at an appropriate level e.g. MICE.
- Professional qualification in a relevant technical discipline, ie Degree in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrate proven experience of delivering engineering activities.
- Proven experience of engineering design and construction preferably in a water environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of historic infrastructure, preferably in the water environment
- Technical expertise and application of current standards and analysis methods
- Demonstrable experience in cross-functional working delivering performance across range of functions
- Able to negotiate with internal and external contacts
- Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software e.g. MS Office. Experience of GIS or mapping systems. Able to use appropriate functions within SAP.
- Valid driving licence as your work will require you to reach locations not easily reached by public transport