Speech and Language Therapist / SALTLiverpool, £27,000 - £33,000 Permanent
Our client is an organisation with Schools across the UK supporting individuals with specific needs. They have an opportunity to join a brand-new team at a fantastic, brand new school located in Liverpool. The school will cater for initially 6-9 Children.
• To contribute to the planning and delivery of a communication strategy for a group/groups of students to enable and support their learning.
• To be responsible for the day to day implementation of agreed aims and
• programmes reflecting the ethos of the school, as a member of a trans-disciplinary team.
• To contribute professional knowledge and expertise to the team for a particular area, such as AAC.
• To support the budget and to make funding recommendations and requests to the Senior Leadership Team.
To ensure the learning environment is adequately resourced to:
• Promote independence
• Deliver the curriculum to ensure pupil learning and progress
• Maintain excellent standards of care
• Ensure health and safety
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• To implement group and individual communication programmes in collaboration with the team and to be involved in associated planning and preparation and share expertise and knowledge.
• To be responsible for the integration of the school’s communication strategy to enable pupils to access the whole curriculum.
• To assess, plan and implement low and/or high AAC pathways for children who require a communication strategy
• To develop and create AAC resources, delegating to others as appropriate
• Assessment of communication and oral skills needs for group /groups of pupils
• Demonstrate and model good facilitation to support eating and drinking, communication and access to the curriculum.
• To be responsible for implementing the eating and drinking policy and monitoring and advising on this area in collaboration with colleagues
• To work with management to develop the curriculum and communication elements throughout the school to achieve the outcomes of the School Development Plan.
• To be a member of a trans-disciplinary team of staff meeting all the pupils’
• To contribute to the development of the overall programme of the group.
• To write high quality reports.
• To contribute at Reviews and other relevant meetings and to liaise with parents/guardians and external medical services.
• To provide good standards of physical and emotional care
• To provide intimate care
• To ensure the physical environment is maintained to high standards of safety, hygiene and presentation.
• To share professional knowledge and participate in the staff training and development programme.
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably determined by the Principal
• The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.