Stakeholder Manager / Project Manager / Service DesignerSouth Yorkshire, £25,000 - £37,000 Permanent
Fixed term 20 months.
Our client is a forward-thinking dynamic digital & social inclusion charity. Their goal is to ensure everyone can benefit from digital technology.
Stakeholder Manager / Project Manager / Service Designer role:
Our client is delivering working an Assisted Digital service for the 2021 Census, working with the Office for National Statistics. This is a critical part a major national Government exercise, and a chance to support large numbers of people across England and Wales to participate in a ‘digital first” Census as well as building their confidence with digital.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to design and deliver an excellent user journey for people needing assisted digital support, in their communities and in a way that connects them to opportunities for digital inclusion.
You will be a high performing, innovative and committed Service Designer who will play an instrumental role in the project implementation and development. Taking an agile, creative and reflective approach, you’ll work on the ground with the Online Centres Network and other partners, understanding the needs of the people they support and the services and systems they interact with.
You’ll manage wider stakeholder relationships positively and productively on behalf of both the charity and the provider.
Your areas of responsibility are as follows:
• Service Design and Development
• Ongoing service improvements and delivery support
• Staff Management
• Operations and organisational development
You will have experience of:
• At least three years experience in a service design role, using Design Thinking, Agile and Lean principles to design and continually improve services, support or tools
• Leading design projects that work within existing service delivery frameworks and/or involve a range of partners or stakeholders
• Demonstrable experience of working with a range of project delivery methodologies, including Agile and Prince2
• Proven expertise in analysing and using user research and data to design, iterate and improve support, services or tools
• A track record of making difficult design decisions and evaluating project success based on evidence
• Managing and developing more junior staff
• Leading critiques involving the constructive criticism of your own work and be able to constructively review the work of others.
With the following qualifications, knowledge and skills:
• Knowledge of, and expertise in using, a range of service design techniques and user research methods
• Familiarity with a range of agile and waterfall methodologies
• Curiosity to look deeper into problems to question and explore them and uncover insight and evidence
• Empathy to explore and understand the real context around the challenges people are facing
• Facilitation to design and run workshops and sessions to bring people together to co-design improved services
• Desire to work in the open to share your work in progress and be open to feedback and challenge throughout
• Knowledge of issues, policy, practice, and stakeholders relevant to digital inclusion and/or social inclusion
• A confident communicator with excellent people/interpersonal skills
• People management skills, including developing staff
• Ability to travel around the UK to support delivery management
• Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of five GCSEs A* - C or equivalent, including Maths & English
You will be required to sign the Census Confidentiality Undertaking which commits you to protecting personal information in line with legal and other requirements. During operational periods you may be required to work out of hours to meet operational needs.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.