Supply PlannerDarlington, £22,000 - £25,000 Permanent
Our client is a leading distributor of Sporting Equipment to the UK and Irish markets. They represent over 50 world-class brands whose products are chosen, trusted and tested by Olympic Champions, World Champions and leading athletes across each discipline of their sport.
They are looking for a Supply Planner, ready for a new challenge, to join their ever-growing team and help shape their Supply Planning Team. Reporting to the Supply Planning Manager, you will be responsible for all inbound deliveries from supplier to the distribution centre in Darlington via 3rd party transport providers. You will also be responsible for supplying replenishment orders to another distribution site in France. You will be a key stakeholder in importing goods in and out of the UK.
No two days are the same, but some key duties include;
• Managing the import of material into the UK from around the world - mainly via Sea
• Responsible for documentation relating to custom clearance
• Delivery Schedules; Updating the inbound delivery schedule with accurate dates for container arrivals
• Communicating regularly with the warehouse team working to ensure resource capabilities
• Stock availability; ensuring arrival dates are keep accurate within the ERP system
• Supplier KPI monitoring and development; ensuring service level management
• Approving invoicing ensuring suppliers are paid in a timely manner challenging any discrepancies
• Working with our Commercial team and providing transit updates along with freight costs
Skills and Experience:
• Experience in imports & customer clearance is a must
• Good knowledge of Incoterms is beneficial
• Supplier Performance Management experience needed
• Good working knowledge of ERP systems including Sage & SIA
• Proven track record in continuous improvement
• FMCG background beneficial
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficient at using IT systems, with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.