Test AnalystHome based, £250.00 - £350.00 per day Contract
Location: Home Based.
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity as a Test Analyst, you will be working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Our client is the UK's leading digital social inclusion charity. Their vision is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Working with a 4,000-strong network of community partners in the UK, and 2,000 in Australia, they support people and communities to address the most pressing social challenges through digital.
As a Test Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
• Working within their busy, friendly digital team you will assist in increasing the quality of the digital products and services by ensuring software is fit for purpose before release.
• Working in an agile environment in regular sprint cycles, the role has involvement in all stages of test including planning, estimation, execution, release and defect management.
• Much of the testing will be exploratory with minimal supportive documentation so you must be able to use your own initiative to design, document and execute test scenarios, ensure test coverage and identify possible candidates for regression.
You will be responsible for:
• Functional testing of our software to ensure it meets requirements and is defect free
• Assessing the level of confidence in a system before go-live
• Documenting system behaviours and requirements.
• Overseeing the application and content of releases in a complex environment using multiple code bases.
• Ensuring the validity of the data stored within our systems
• Providing clarity on known quality issues for all releases to business owners
• Liaising with the business over issues raised with newly released services
• Input into agile requirements and planning process to ensure testing is always a core part of the development process
• Assisting in the investigation and analysis of live incidents
You will have experience of:
• Experience testing web based applications in an agile environment
• Experience of working using your own initiative to uncover and document defects
• Test automation - Any experience of using automation tools for regression and API testing would be a real advantage.
• Databases - An understanding of using SQL to query databases to interrogate the data behind your tests
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.