Warehouse, Distribution and Assembly OperativeWetherby, £19,000 Permanent
Our client is a forward thinking and fast paced company operating in the Healthcare / Medical Markets. They are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to join their fast paced warehouse and distribution team as a Warehouse, Distribution and Assembly Operative, who is computer literate and has high attention to detail.
As a Warehouse, Distribution and Assembly Operative, you will contribute positively within the organisation towards a compliant and efficient assembly and distribution centre.
Storage, goods receipting, quality control, product assembly and distribution, together with efficient despatch of goods to customers’ requirements, both domestic and export.
You will provide assistance for all assembly and distribution activities, including:
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety requirements
• Work as a member of the team, ensuring a strong and successful company
• Goods receiving inspection and booking-in of stock onto the SAGE stock control system
• Control of non-conforming products, both internal and supplier
• Control of returned goods from customers and suppliers
• Correct labelling, storage and handling of materials and products to prevent deterioration, operating a FIFO policy in conjunction with continual stock monitoring
• Unloading of deliveries and movement of materials and products within the assembly and distribution centre, either manually or with the aid of a forklift truck and stacker
• Picking, packing and despatching of products to customers’ requirements
• Control of packaging materials/consumables, internal requisitioning of packaging materials and call-offs for product from external suppliers through purchasing department
• Participate in the assembly and distribution centre stocktaking, annually and perpetual inventory; maintain accurate stock control
• Participate in general good housekeeping duties and adopt ownership of designated areas
• Ensure duties are carried out in a safe and proper manner, in line with company policies
• Identify any personal training and development needs through performance management
• Liaise closely with all service suppliers and departments as needed
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.