Care Rota CoordinatorNottingham, £19,000 - £21,000 Permanent
We are currently seeking a Rota Coordinator / Care Coordinator to join a Nottingham Community Support Team. The Rota Coordinator will support manage the staff hours for around 100 people.
The Nottingham Community Support Team supports over 100 people with learning disabilities and mental health, 7 days a week. Our client supports individuals with social activities, shopping, cooking and personal care is required for some people they support.
Responsible for organising and coordinating a team of Support Workers, using the rota management system (CM2000) ensuring that our customer care and support is covered appropriately and safely and to the highest possible standard in line with CQC regulations. In addition the post holder will be responsible for coordinating the training of both new and existing colleagues to ensure full compliance at all times.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Compiling rotas for Support Workers and sending out to the team and the people they support
• Understanding, organising and recording the availability of all new support packages
• Working closely and communicating with other members of the team, professional bodies and family members to ensure the highest quality of care
• Monitoring quality through weekly reports on the rota management system, CM2000, to monitor compliance for call attendance
• Ensuring that Support Workers are suitably qualified to satisfy the immediate and future needs of the Community Team by scheduling the necessary training courses in conjunction with L&D Facilitator
• Ensuring that the Community Team meets national standards and legal requirements as laid down by CQC
This role will require some flexibility, between the hours of 8am and 7pm on a rolling rota pattern, Monday to Friday.
We are still working through with the current team what this will look like, but in essence it will be similar to the below (subject to some change):
• Week 1: 8am – 4pm
• Week 2: 9am – 5pm
• Week 3: 11am – 7pm
• NVQ 2 or to be willing to work towards the Health and Social Care Diploma is desirable
• Experience within the care sector is desirable
• Experience using CM2000 is desirable
Skills / Abilities:
• Strong IT skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience of managing a busy workload
• Ability to work autonomously and be able to analyse a situation and take decisive action in a timely manner
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Good social skills, the ability to interact and engage with people in the community
• Good level of written and verbal communication
• Self-motivated with a commitment to supporting people to maximise their independence
• Reliable and determined
• Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
• Able to organise, plan and work to deadlines
• Good knowledge of the Essential Care Standards and other regulatory frameworks is desirable
• Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation is desirable
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.