Communications ManagerSheffield, £30,000 - £35,000 Permanent
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Our client is a social change charity. They are growing both in impact and in scale in the UK and globally, and need a creative, experienced and driven communications professional to be part of their team.
As a Communications Manager, you’ll have an eye for a good story, and know how, when and where to tell it. You’ll have experience of building and maintaining organisational reputation, an interest in government policy, an understanding of how organisations can successfully communicate with stakeholders, and a strong track record of securing media coverage.
You’ll have experience of developing and implementing effective communications strategies, and you’ll bring new ideas of how we can grow our reach. In return you’ll be part of a passionate and committed team, and you’ll have the opportunity to use your creative and strategic skills to have a real impact on the lives of excluded people.
Our client is ambitious about the impact we can have, and we need someone who shares this ambition, and who can bring their ideas and experience to help our client achieve their goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop and deliver the organisation’s external communications strategy
• Manage the organisation’s external communications activity including media relations, blogs, and stakeholder communications
• Manage the organisation’s reputation with stakeholders, including MPs
• Lead on the collection and development of powerful case studies to raise the organisation’s profile and demonstrate our impact
• Bring new ideas to help us share our stories and those of their network.
• Work with the Head of Communications and External Affairs to support the creation and management of a cross-organisational, integrated marketing and communications strategy
• Lead on the delivery of events, including annual conference, and as well as other events including roundtables and seminars
• Identify opportunities to raise the company profile through conferences and events.
• Project marketing and communications
• Work with expert delivery teams, who are running projects in communities to support digitally and socially excluded people. You’ll work with them to develop and deliver plans that will maximise the impact of this activity
• Provide writing and editing support across the organisation, ensuring the tone of voice is consistent, and finding creative opportunities to tell our story. Act as a communications champion, giving advice and supporting teams across the organisation.
You will have experience of:
• Developing and implementing successful external and stakeholder communications plans
• Delivering communications plans
• Using creative communications methods
• Delivering and managing successful events
• Securing media coverage for organisations
• Significant experience in a management role
• Commissioning and working with agencies
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
• Resourcefulness in solving problems
• Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
• Proactive with strong organisational skills, project management and a keen attention to detail
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work with flexible staff teams to meet objectives
• Ability to lead successful work streams or projects
• Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and your team
• Degree/NVQ Level 5 or Equivalent Experience
• Marketing or communications qualification (desirable)
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.