Head of Environmental Management and SustainabilityNorth West, £38,000 - £55,000 Permanent
Our NHS Client is looking to recruit a Head of Environmental Management and Sustainability to provide a sustained compliant service, for the highest quality patient care, providing assurance of environmental standards, water quality and decontamination services. You will be responsible for professional managerial delivery of the full range of environmental services, energy management, waste management, water management, carbon management and to provide compliance with Care Quality Commission in all aspects of environmental criteria, decontamination, water and waste management, and energy utilisation.
• Academically qualified to professional level – Minimum Master’s degree in Environment, Health & Safety and undergraduate degree/higher education diploma in Environmental Studies.
• Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv), or member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWM).
• Experience in a similar role at a senior management level.
• To have undertaken specialist training including Legionella Responsible Person, Decontamination Lead and Sustainability Leadership in Healthcare.
• An in depth knowledge of the management of healthcare waste, environmental legislation and obligations of the Trust to fully engage in best practice of environmental sustainability and carbon reduction.
• To have specialist knowledge of carbon reduction opportunities in acute healthcare settings and transitions to more sustainable models of healthcare.
• To have experience of energy management, utilisation, monitoring
We are looking for a strong communicator who wants to drive forward the visions for the trust and who the vision to drive and implement the plans for the trust then please get in touch.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.