Head of Social Inclusion / Head of Projects / Project Delivery MangerSheffield, £38,000 - £50,000 Contract
Maternity Cover – from end September 2019.
We are looking for a high performing, inspirational leader playing an instrumental role in helping a leading charity continue to grow its impact as a charity, changing millions of lives through digital.
Adaptable, resourceful and resilient, you will lead a selection of projects as part of the charity’s UK portfolio, championing digital social change and building and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients’ funders.
These projects will be delivered through community-based organisations in the Online Centres Network, and with other delivery partners. Some projects may involve leading direct delivery.
This is one of two identical Head of Digital Social Inclusion / Head of Projects / Project Delivery Manger roles in the team delivering the UK portfolio, each responsible for a different set of projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading a portfolio of projects as part of a UK portfolio, providing strategic direction and advice to staff and teams delivering the projects, managing risks and resolving delivery issues
• Operating end-to-end to power the impact as a charity, through both business development and delivery
• Resource management of projects in the portfolio the role oversees, working with the Director of Digital Social Inclusion and the Chief Operating Officer
• Championing digital social change as the cornerstone the Foundation’s mission, seeking out new opportunities and developing existing partnerships
• Line managing 3 Managers and has responsibility for an Officer within the team, but this may change depending on business needs
You will have experience of:
• Between 2 - 4 years of management in an organisation of at least comparable size
• Contributing to the development of strategy, business plans and organisational development
• Empowering staff to perform at their best
• Managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects to meet organisational objectives and the needs of the network
• Proven success in delivering a wide range of projects for, at least one of: Government; Trust and Foundations; and Corporates
• Delivering and reporting on progress and performance of programmes
• Contributing to the wider corporate needs of an organisation beyond your immediate job description
With the following knowledge and skills:
• Ability to manage flexible teams of staff to achieve challenging delivery objectives in a cross-functional organisation
• Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and those you manage
• Ability to think strategically and innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows
• Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
• Proactive and skilled in solving problems
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.