IT Support TechnicianWindsor, £22,000 - £28,000 Permanent
£22k - £28k dependant on experience.
Our client is a specialist provider in Social Care, within the group there are a number of IT systems used to help deliver better outcomes for the individuals in to provide management with key business information. This IT Support Technician role is to maintain and improve these systems.
• Maintain in-house computer systems, wireless infrastructure, switches, routers, desktops, and peripherals
• Support the datacentre and associated connectivity
• Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance
• Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required
• Liaising with IT support manager and the rest of the support team
• Travelling between various locations to fulfil these duties (Vehicle Provided for this use only)
The IT Support Technician must act in a manner which displays the utmost confidentiality and respect of information and pupil/staff records at all times.
Experience / Skills:
• Must have worked in an IT support role in the last 12 months (Within Care or Education would be desirable but is not essential)
• An aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common applications and systems
• A high level of organisation
• Good oral and written communication skills
• To install and configure new IT equipment
• Flexibility and adaptability during periods of working under pressure
• Aptitude for problems solving
• Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills
• Educated to minimum 5 GCSEs, ideally A level or equivalent, or evidence of working towards an IT qualification
• Patient and confident
• Ability to maintain professional standards at all times
• Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
• Full UK Driving Licence
Please note, for this role you must be able to pass a full enhanced DBS / Police Check.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.