Management Accountant (Qualified Accountant)South Yorkshire, £144.00 - £163.00 per day Contract
Contract – Initial 3 months, immediate start.
£144 - £163 per day (Dependent on experience).
Our client was founded in 2017, and are an NHS healthcare organisation They are dedicated to strengthening general practice and primary care for the benefit of their patients and their practices.
Our client works with key commissioners and partners to influence healthcare in the borough, and has a number of initiatives to support the sustainability of its member practices.
They are looking for a Management Accountant on an interim basis who has the ability to hit the ground running immediately.
This role is pivotal to the financial management of our client and the entities it hosts, providing grip on the financial position, managing budgets and preparing financial reports in a busy, challenging and fast-moving environment.
You must be able to confidently deliver presentation based on the Management Accounts that you have created to GPs.
The post holder will work to the Director of Finance with responsibility for the following:
Short term planning, Budgets and costing:
• Calculate annual budgets for services.
• Provide costings as required.
• Support the financial requirements of preparing tenders and bids.
• Support the financial due diligence of potential / new services.
Reporting against plan1;
• Prepare the monthly / quarterly management accounting position across all services on an accruals basis.
• Liaise with service leads to ensure all income due and committed spend for the period is accounted for; the position against plan is understood and variances are investigated.
• Review position against annual budget and adjust forecasts.
• Prepare draft organisational position for the relevant period.
• Maintain the deferred income tracker; an audit trail of use and utilisation plans.
• Work with the finance assistant to prepare cash forecasts.
• The post holder will establish and maintain budgets on the organisations ledger; analysing and verifying routine reports such as P&L and balance sheet.
• Liaise with external accountants to ensure the reporting of services is consistent with that required for the correct tax and VAT treatment.
• Qualified accountant or studying with demonstrable experience.
• NHS and primary care financial regimes.
• Private company financial regimes.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.