Programme Manager – Digital Social InclusionSouth Yorkshire, £40,000 - £50,000 Permanent
Our client is a leading digital and social inclusion charity. Their mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital working with their learning Centres Network. They support people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Our client is looking for a high performing, inspirational leader who can play an instrumental role in helping continue to grow its impact as a charity, changing millions of lives through digital.
You will be adaptable, resourceful and resilient, you will lead a selection of projects as part of their UK portfolio, championing digital social change and building and maintaining excellent relationships with funders.
These projects will be delivered through community-based organisations in the Online Centres Network, and with other delivery partners. Some projects may involve leading direct delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading a portfolio of projects as providing strategic direction and advice to staff and teams delivering the projects, managing risks and resolving delivery issues
• Resource management of projects in the portfolio the role oversees, working with the Director of Digital Social Inclusion and the Chief Operating Officer
• Championing digital social change as the cornerstone the mission of the charity, seeking out new opportunities and developing existing partnerships
• Line managing 3 Managers and has responsibility for an Officer within the team, but this may change depending on business needs
You will have experience of:
• Between 2 - 4 years of management in an organisation of at least comparable size
• Contributing to the development of strategy, business plans and organisational development
• Empowering staff to perform at their best
• Managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects to meet organisational objectives and the needs of the network
• Proven success in delivering a wide range of projects for, at least one of: Government; Trust and Foundations; and Corporates
• Delivering and reporting on progress and performance of programmes
• Contributing to the wider corporate needs of an organisation beyond your immediate job description
• Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and those you manage
• Ability to think strategically and innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows
• Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
• Proactive and skilled in solving problems
• Beneficial, but not essential, to have an understanding of Government policy and a track record of working with officials in Government Departments
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.